Thursday, September 21, 2006

Strike!

Starting on Tuesday afternoon, Eleanor is refusing the breast at random. Tuesday she was fine in the morning and started refusing in the evening, even though she was starving. We had to give her a bottle of pumped milk before she went to bed. (She then slept through the night - 10 pm - 6 am - for the first time, but I don't think it was related.)

Yesterday she refused the breast first thing in the morning, but took it 4 times during the day; then in the late afternoon she started refusing again. She seems perfectly happy most of the time, but when she starts to act hungry and I offer her the breast, she screams at the mere sight of it. So again, she got a bottle of EBM before bed. This time, she slept much worse than usual. Who knows? When she woke up around midnight, she nursed. Then at 3:30, she refused and drank part of a bottle. At 7:15, she nursed. So we'll see. I am noticing that it's mostly the right side she's refusing - all but one of the times she's nursed in the last few days, it's been from the left side. I think I'm going to call the ped and ask about a possible earache on the right, although like I said, she seems perfectly happy as long as she's not looking at my right boob.

I have pumped more in the last few days than I have since her birth, and I'm already sick of it. Bleh.

We should have named her Norma Rae.

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 25, 2006 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

My daughter Sasha started refusing the breast around 2 months of age. I knew she was hungry but when I put her up to the breast she would squall and push me away. I never made enough milk to pump so when her appetite increased she became a formula baby. I do wish I could have breast fed longer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home