Monday, July 24, 2006

Introducing Eleanor Grace


I don't have a lot of time to write, but I wanted to thank you all for your good wishes - and most of all for the support you've all given me through this journey. Nora is 11 days old and things are going well. I had a touch of the baby blues over the last few days because I felt so overwhelmed and trapped in the house, even though Andy was being wonderful. Then my mom arrived last night, and today she forced me to get up and shower and leave the house like a normal person, so I feel much better.

At the breastfeeding clinic we went to today, we learned that Nora has gained almost one full pound in the last week - she's now 7 lbs 7 oz, 15 oz higher than the weight she left the hospital at and 8 oz up from her birthweight. We've had a few hurdles with the breastfeeding, but it's getting better all the time, and I guess I'm doing something right!

13 Comments:

At Monday, July 24, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

OH! She is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm so glad to hear that things are going ok. It's rough in the beginning. Hang in there mama.

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful, Beautiful!!!! Oh Congrats--I'm just so happy for you. She's so gorgeous!

I want to hear about when they placed her in your arms for the first time. That had to have been so amazing. (When you get a chance, of course)

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:30:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

She's positively adorable, NK! I can't believe all that dark hair... just right for bows. :)

Hang in there... the first couple of weeks can be rough, but you'll do great!

Thanks for updating us.

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:47:00 AM, Blogger sillyhummingbird said...

So beautiful! I've been waiting for pictures! I am so happy all is well and things are ironing themselves out. I couldn't be happier for you--and my husband, too. He asks everyday if there is any news. And love the name Nora--that of my m-in-law and niece. Can't wait to hear more. Congrats again!!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Treggles said...

What a beauty!

 
At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

She's so absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you! And, glad that she's keeping you busy. ;-)

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

she is so beautiful and I am so happy you guys are home safe and sound. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I have been checking everyday to see when the bundle of joy would come home..

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

how wonderful. :) she is perfect. thanks for sharing the pic. now can we have some more? please????

 
At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

What a lovely baby, congratulations!!!!
I'm sure you'll be able to manage just fine!!!!

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:05:00 AM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

She is just beautiful Nk. I hope you guys are doing well.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:23:00 PM, Blogger msfitzita said...

OH MY WORD!!! She's just adorable!! What a sweet little face! I'm so thrilled for you - I really, really am.

Welcome to the world you beautiful little thing, you!

 
At Friday, July 28, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger SWH said...

She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

What a sweet soul you have made:) So delicate and thoughtful and very, very beautiful! Congratulations again:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home