Thursday, July 13, 2006

Birth Day (or, Torture by Bacon)

It's finally here - I can't believe it. In the last 24 hours I've finally let myself think a little bit about how this is going to feel. I imagine myself crying when they give me the baby - crying with joy for her, but also with sadness for her brother. I can imagine the incredible gratitude I'll feel toward Dr. Riley if everything goes well. That's about as far as I've gotten with imagining the baby actually being here. I can picture all the rest of it - the hospital room and my family gathering around and the operation itself - because I've been there before. But not the baby part.

My in-laws arrived yesterday afternoon, and my dad and his wife got to Boston last night and checked into their hotel. My parents are on their way and will be meeting us at the hospital. We have to be there at 11:30 for the 1:30 procedure. I slept a little bit more than I thought I would, but still not much - I was relieved when it got to be 5:30 am, so I could legitimately get up.

I wasn't allowed to eat after midnight last night, so I had some hot cocoa last thing before bed, about 11:30. Right now, though, my husband is cooking breakfast for his parents, and the smell of bacon is about to drive me insane. I'm not even allowed to drink water. UNTIL 1:30. Well, really until tomorrow, but I guess the IV will keep me from being hungry once I get it. I hope so, anyway.

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes. I can't wait to share the news. I just hope it's good news.

Now I have to go upstairs where I can't smell the bacon anymore.

17 Comments:

At Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:06:00 AM, Blogger sillyhummingbird said...

Thinking of you!! All will be well. I can't wait to hear the good news!

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Julian's Mom said...

Good luck! I am emotional just thinking about the flood of feelings you will experience the moment you see your baby. Looking forward to an update!

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

I will be thinking of you all day...wishing you luck and happiness.

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

What a happy day! I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible. Good luck -- and I hope you get some bacon soon!

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

Well, it's 1:30 your time and I imagine that you are about to meet your daughter. I can't wait to hear!

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:42:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

been thinking of you all day. hope you're basking in your daughter's glow by now.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Josefina said...

Good luck! Well, by this time now you must have your baby with you, I hope everything went ok!!!!!
Can't wait to hear your story!!!

 
At Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

Thank you for posting the joyous news, NervousKitty's friend!

I'm SO happy Eleanor Grace is here, safe and sound. Manys congrats to you, Kitty, and your DH.

Welcome to the world, Eleanor! = )

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thank you so much for posting the good news!!!

Nervouskitty, I am so happy for you!! Welcome to the world Eleanor!!

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:47:00 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Welcome Eleanor Grace! (And what a wonderful name.) And great job, NK! I hope you're a little less nervous now. :-)

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:56:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now let's have some pictures!

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 5:11:00 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I just read on Laura's blog that your sweet princess has arrived. Congratulations to you and your DH - wishing you much happiness :)

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 9:42:00 AM, Blogger grumpyABDadjunct said...

We are so happy for you folks! Will Eleanor's favourite food be bacon? :)

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Julian's Mom said...

Welcome, Eleanor Grace! Can't wait to see her!

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 8:35:00 PM, Blogger msfitzita said...

Welcome to the world Eleanor Grace!! You have a beautiful name, not to mention and a wonderful mommy and daddy! I hope this world is kind and beautiful to you always.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger kate said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome Eleanor Grace!! Waiting for the pictures of course....

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:59:00 AM, Blogger Treggles said...

Big congratulations! Huge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home