Friday, May 19, 2006

Well! That was fun.

(warning: TMI.)

I've been having this sneaking feeling that his baby is coming early - I mean, even earlier than I'm already scheduled for. I don't know why, maybe just the fact that I seem so big - I haven't gained weight all around, except for my face, but the belly sticks out SO far - and the fact that I'm already so achy and uncomfortable.

This morning when I got to work, I stopped to use the ladies' room, and discovered two biggish clumps of clear mucus - almost like EWCM, but stickier. I had a lot of that in the very beginning of pregnancy, and knew it was normal, but I hadn't seen any in so long that I got a little freaked. When I went into labor with Joseph I lost my plug that same morning, and there was no mistaking it since it had blood in it and I was already having contractions.

I wasn't in a panic, but I talked to Andy and decided I should call the doctor, just in case. When I spoke with the nurse, they said as long as I was downtown for work anyway, I might as well come in. So I went in and met with a CNM in Dr. Riley's office.

And, as I suspected, I'm fine. She checked my cervix and I'm 1 cm dilated, but she said that's normal for someone who's already had a baby. My cervix is as long as it's possible to be, which is good. And although the baby's head down (what I thought was her head on the upper left is actually her butt), she's still "floating" and not engaged in the pelvis. I got the usual warning about calling if I had painful contractions or bleeding, and was sent back to work.

I feel a little silly, but overall, I'm glad I went. I'd rather go and have it be nothing than not go and have it be something.

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 19, 2006 6:10:00 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Well, it's glad to have some more news about you!!!!
I think baby-girl stuff is SO adorable, I'm already planning on buying something for my soon-to-be niece...
I think you're getting pretty good, with your brother and SIL, I think finally "love wins" (that sounds really cheesy but it's true).
I hope you can enjoy this month and a half (that's it or a little more?), everything's going to be great, I'm sure of that!!!!!
Keep us informed!!

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

Pfew... really glad all is ok. Stay put for a little while longer baby. *hugs*

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger sillyhummingbird said...

Wow! Glad all is well--that's a bit neerve-wracking, isn't it? Amazing to think you are getting that close to having your baby girl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home