Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Anxiety

Like many of us in this circle of bloggers, my sadness and shock at Catherine's news is manifesting as increased anxiety for my own pregnancy. I think when something like this happens to us, we tend to feel somehow "immune" to it happening again, on the theory that lightning doesn't strike twice. This has been a sad reminder that that's just not true.

I sent back the doppler on Monday because the lease was up, and I'm already sort of regretting it. Most of the time the Pad moves around enough to be reassuring, but she's particularly quiet when I first wake up in the morning, and I find myself reaching for the doppler on the nightstand at those times.

Oh, and by the way, if you're a fan of "House" on TV and haven't watched last night's episode yet...don't. I love the show (and Hugh Laurie is so my imaginary boyfriend) but...just don't. Not what I needed before bed last night, for sure.

5 Comments:

At Friday, May 12, 2006 2:30:00 AM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

I hate that false sense of security, that thought that because it happened once, it can't happen again. What a sucker punch that turned out to be!
I wish there was something that could be said to make the anxiety go away. Something that would make sleeping at night easier. I just haven't found it yet.

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger Julian's Mom said...

Me too (anxiety), and me too (Hugh Laurie!)

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger msfitzita said...

Sending ((((HUGS)))) your way. It's horrible to know that lightning strikes twice. We should at LEAST be given the comfort of knowing that something so horrific will only touch our lives once.

I wish there was something I could do or say to make the anxiety go away, but I know there's not a single thing anyone can say to make that better.

(((((HUGS)))) to the little pad. And a prayer as well.

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 4:42:00 PM, Blogger delphi said...

i know this is so last week, but yikes. I saw the episode. I couldn't even blog about it, it was so disturbing. Sorry, but I thought Hugh Laurie was my imaginary boyfriend?

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:23:00 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Well, I think anxiety is something we will have around us forever, I hope you feel better soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home