Friday, April 21, 2006

I am happy to report that I am, in fact, no longer in the bathroom next door. :)

I just haven't had much to write about lately, but here are the updates on my life:

- I'm 27 weeks today...83 days to go (but who's counting? Well, I am, if you look at the very bottom of the page). One thing I notice is that I'm starting to get into the uncomfortable phase way earlier this time. This week I developed that bruised, kicked-in-the-crotch feeling in my pubic bone area that makes walking and rolling over torturous - I know that didn't happen until at least 35 weeks last time. It's harder to get comfortable in bed, too, and this morning I woke up screaming at 5:30 with cramps in both calves at once. YOW. But overall, I still feel pretty good. The Pad is moving like crazy now, which I really do love.

- Oh, and I'm outgrowing some of my maternity clothes. This morning I put on a pair of full-panel khakis to find that they fit everywhere but, weirdly, the thighs. I tried my old demi-panel khakis instead...hahahahhaha. I can't believe I'm outgrowing full panels with 12 weeks to go (and when I've gained less than 20 pounds...wtf??)

- Work is ridiculously slow/quiet. Still no word on my so-called promotion. Bah.

- The weather's been BEAUTIFUL. As much as I hate winter in Boston, it can be almost worth it when spring comes...the change is amazing, makes you feel like you've risen from the dead. All up and down Commonwealth Avenue, the cherry and apple trees are blooming, plus daffodils, magnolia, and crocus. It's hard to be in a bad mood when the weather's this nice.

- My cats seem to have taken it upon themselves to start giving me a taste of what it's going to be like to be up all night with a baby and run around after a mischievous toddler. First Trouble managed to get out onto the balcony off our third-floor bedroom one night when we'd left the sliding door partly open to catch the breeze (screen? what screen? it has a cat sized - well, it's cat sized NOW - hole in it). He then climbed from there onto the slope of the roof, and from there crawled up over the peak of the roof and started to walk down the other side. It was at this point that he must have realized he couldn't remember how to get back where he started. We were awakened at 6 a.m. by plaintive crying through the skylight - we had to take the screen off and lift him through. Meanwhile, Sabrina the Original Nervouskitty has decided she loves the wrappers from my new addiction, Edy's Whole Fruit Bars. She especially loves them, and the loud crackling noise they make, in the middle of the night. On the floor of our bedroom, after she's dragged them out of the trash. Oy.

OK, OK, I promise not to become one of those crazy people who talk about their pets all day. Good thing I'm having a kid.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, April 23, 2006 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

As much as I felt so miserable and ginormous when I was pregnant, I'm really looking forward to all that crap again. I bet that you're loving every minute of it too! :)

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 4:01:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

mmmmm- edy's fruit bars are the best. lime is my favorite!

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:16:00 AM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

I can't believe how far you are already! And I love those fruit bars...... now I want one. Thanks!

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Don't worry until you start talking about your kid all day. Some friends of mine do that and can be somewhat annoying.
But I don't think it's your case, so don't worry!!
Well, time really goes by fast!
I'm glad weather up there is so great, we're still getting some sunny days, even if autumn is well under way now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home