Thursday, April 06, 2006

99 bottles of O'Doul's on the wall...

I don't have a scheduled date for the Pad's eviction yet, but if it's right at the 39-week mark, July 14, that means that as of today I have 99 days left. When I was pregnant with Joseph, we started a countdown on our kitchen whiteboard when there were 90 days left until my due date, and it was amazing how fast that seemed to make it go.

I hope it does go fast. I'm starting to feel like I'm hitting the wall. I'm much bigger than I was at 25 weeks last time, which means that the discomfort of being big is starting earlier too. I haven't really been exercising or anything, so last Friday when I made the mistake of walking 2 miles during a lunchtime errand, it nearly took me down for the count. We had a birthday party to attend that night, and by the end of the evening I felt like I'd been beaten up...back hurt, ligaments hurt, everything hurt. Ugh.

My favorite cousin. V. (daughter of my dad's sister) had her baby on Tuesday - her second, about a week and a half early. I spoke to her mom, my aunt, last night and then spoke to my cousin. I'm happy for them - I saw some pictures of the baby and he's doing great, and apparently his big brother (2.5) is thrilled, if not entirely comprehending what's going on yet.

I did notice something weird, though. Both of them seemed eager to hear how I was doing, but I basically had the same conversation twice in a row, and it went like this:

Aunt/Cousin: "So how are you feeling?"
Me: "Oh, I'm feeling pretty good! I'm kind of big, but the baby's moving a lot, and--"
Aunt/Cousin (interrupting): "But you know everything's going to be JUST FINE, right?"
Me: "Uh, yeah - I have a good feeling about it. I got nervous for a while in the--"
Aunt/Cousin (interrupting): "Oh, of course! It's so normal to be nervous! But everything's going to be JUST FINE!"

It seemed like such a weird combination of expecting me to be a much bigger wreck than I am, and denying that there could ever be any reason to ever be nervous. It made me wonder just how uncomfortable they are talking to me after what happened.

I haven't noticed the same phenomenon as much from other people - many people have sought to reassure me that everything's going to be fine, but not in that same weird way.

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

98 bottles today!!! *grin*

and counting. It does make the time go faster. Hurrah for the countdown.

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:52:00 AM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

Maybe it's about their own discomfort than anything else. Plausable deniability?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home