Friday, March 24, 2006

Random thoughts

The first thing on my mind today is hope that everything goes well for Julian's Mom and Lorem at their respective doctor visits. My thoughts are with them.

Other things I'm thinking about:

* I'm 23 weeks today and twice this week I had to pull out the full panel pants. FULL PANEL PANTS, people! Last time I wasn't even in demi-panel until 19 weeks. I ended up going with the demis today but I'll tell you, the full panel sure beats hitching up the demis that won't stay put under my belly.

* Current name short list: Alice Virginia, Eleanor [undetermined middle], Susannah Iris. Susannah has been my #1 pick for years before we even got pregnant; it would be to honor my grandmother, Susan. Andy has gone back and forth on it, but currently he likes it so I'm hoping to get to use it (although I really like Alice and Eleanor too).

* The baby's still moving, but it seems like not as much as last week. Of course this has completely freaked me out, but every time I listen with the Doppler, everything sounds fine. Is it normal to have a slow period around now? The doctors told me not to even think about whether the movement is consistent until at least 26 weeks.

* All of a sudden I cannot stop eating.

* Andy was away last night because he had a rehearsal with his band in NYC, so it was just me. I kept teasing him that the cats wouldn't miss him, because they'd be happy to only have to share the bed with one person instead of two (lately they need to sleep with us every night). Well, instead, they completely ignored me all night and this morning. Like I wasn't even there. I guess I know whose pets they REALLY are!

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 24, 2006 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Josefina said...

Glad to hear your symphtoms are still there!
I think the movement-freaking-out is just one of the numerous things one can worry about, so I think it's perfectly normal to feel how you feel!!!
Best wishes for you!

 
At Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:14:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

all lovely names - your daughter will be in good shape no matter which of these names she gets.

 
At Monday, March 27, 2006 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I agree - all lovely names, but then we used Eleanor Alice for my first daughter to honour our paternal grandmothers!

I'd certainly agree with the 26 week mark for the movement. Even though my little one has been going nuts for a long time, between 17 and 26-7 wks she still had quite a few very quiet days in there where I couldn't get her moving so I could feel her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home