Monday, January 09, 2006

More good news

I could get used to this. :)

I had my Early Risk Assessment appointment today. They told me it would take 2 hours - ha! More like four, most of which was waiting. That kind of sucked, especially since Andy ended up having to leave before they actually called me in for the ultrasound. He was there for the boring, heard-it-all-before group meeting with the genetic counselor, and then didn't get to stay for the good part. Oh well.

The Pad is a regular little gymnast in there - it took the tech a long time to get the measurements she needed because it wouldn't stop rolling and flipping around. I could see it waving its tiny hands in front of its face and kicking its legs - so cool. (When I saw how much it was moving it made me wonder even more if that's what I've been feeling - it's not getting stronger yet, but I am still noticing it.)

Anyway, the tech got the pictures and then I had to wait some more on the table for the doctor on call (not my doc) to come in and look himself. I wasn't that crazy about him when he did show up; he was a bit unemotional and perfunctory for my taste. He did, however, say that the baby was "doing somersaults" and that the measurements were within the normal range and the baby looked healthy. I'll get the official results next week because they combine the measurements with the blood they took after the ultrasound.

Next appointment: January 17.

Next dilemma: Should I go to my SIL's baby shower or not? It's Feb. 4. Everyone understands, or says they do, but I think maybe they understand less now that I'm pregnant and it's going well. I don't know if I want to go or not. And if I don't want to, I'm not sure if it's because I'm afraid it will make me sad, or because I don't really believe in pre-birth baby showers anymore, or because I'm still sort of pissed at my brother and SIL for getting pregnant when they did. Or some combination of all three. More fodder for tomorrow's therapy appointment, I guess.

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

First- I am so flippin' happy for you! I'm glad the appt was so good.
The dilemna? That's a tough choice! Do what makes you most comfortable. Don't worry so much about what they think.

 
At Monday, January 09, 2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

congrats on a fantastic ultrasound!

that shower question is tough. justin's cousin's shower was this weekend, and i told people early that i was going to florida for my grandmother's 90th birthday party this weekend. the party got moved to next weekend, but i didn't tell anyone. and i'm okay with that. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home