Sunday, December 25, 2005

We are cranks. But at least we're cranks together.

We walked out of the Chronicles of Narnia after an hour. Part of it was that we got almost the last two seats in the theater; they weren't bad seats locationwise, but we happened to be next to the world's two most annoying people - popcorn-bag-crumpling, loud-talking, constant editorial commenters. There's nothing I hate more than that.

I might have ignored it or politely asked them to be quiet if we'd been enjoying the movie, but I hated it. I thought the acting was atrocious, and I hated all the child characters except for the little girl. When the first talking beaver arrived Andy and I looked at each other and got up without a word.

I'm sort of depressed now; I had wanted to leave for a while before we did, but I was fighting the temptation because I didn't want to succumb to total crankdom. But now we're back home and nothing is open and there's nothing to do and no one is around.

I am sad.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:52:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

there's just no getting around this christmas sucking, is there? at least it's almost over.

 
At Monday, December 26, 2005 11:39:00 PM, Blogger msfitzita said...

My husband and I have turned into great big cranks too. I think have life kick the crap out of you in the worst way possible kind of makes that inevitable. At least that's what we keep telling our curmudgeonly selves.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and I hope 2006 is a wonderful, healing year for you.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:38:00 PM, Blogger SWH said...

Ugh... Sorry to hear about your not happy christmas. I survived my parents, barely, but sort of just felt like i was going through a routine. I just wanted to say hi and hope your new years is better this weekend!

 
At Friday, December 30, 2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Julian's Mom said...

It's okay, hon. We're right there with you. We left town this year for Christmas, skipped out on cards, gifts, etc. Laid in our hotel bed all morning and had a luxuriously expensive dinner, all the while secretly hating all the happy people around us. But at least we were anonymous, so we could pretend to be like them for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home