Thursday, December 01, 2005

Huge sigh of relief

Baby - check. Heartbeat - check. 126 BPM. I nearly cried with relief right there on the table.

I also felt privately vindicated because even though I'm 8 weeks today by LMP, I knew I was only 6w6d according to my chart. The doctor was sorta skeptical, which is why she ordered the ultrasound in the first place. Anyway, the tech said that HP is measuring...wait for it...6w6d. Hah!

I can already tell I'm going to love this practice. For one thing, I like that they have an ultrasound unit there in the practice - at my old practice you had to go to a separate facility for the ultrasounds, so the techs didn't know who you were and the doctor wasn't there. Here, it's all right there in the office, so the doctor (it wasn't my doctor, Dr. Riley, because of the schedule change) comes in afterward to meet the patients and check things again. Plus, the tech knew about Joseph, which amazed me. She understood exactly why I was nervous and did everything she could to make it better.

Afterward, I met Dr. Riley's nurse, who also knew my whole story, and she hugged me and practically jumped up and down with happiness at the good news. I feel like quite the pampered celebrity in this office already. They decided to take all the initial pregnancy bloodwork today, as long as I was there (nothing I really have to think about, unless Andy gave me syphilis sometime in the last few months).

Of course I had to call my parents. I didn't tell them about the pseudospotting; I figured why worry them? I just told them that an earlier slot opened up and I took it. I thought my dad was going to cry, too, when I told him that everything looks good.

I know I'm not out of the woods (and I guess I never really will be until it's all over) but it's good to know that the odds are pretty good from this point.

9 Comments:

At Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:59:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Yay! Here's to another... wait, let me do the math... um... thirty-something weeks and one day!

(Pregnancy robbed me of all math skills whatsoever!)

So glad everything is fine!!!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

SO glad to hear all is well with the baby!! Your Dr's office sounds very much like the one I went to with both of my (term) pregnancies. They were amazing. Having a Dr's office like that makes all the difference in the world!! Wishing you a healthy, uneventful pregnancy!!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Awesome!

 
At Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger msfitzita said...

I'm SO happy to read your good news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope to hear a lot more good news in the weeks to come!

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

Still dancing here!

 
At Friday, December 02, 2005 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Lisa P. said...

Oh congrats! That has to be such a relief. Here's to many more!

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:21:00 AM, Blogger laura said...

good news! keep it coming!

 
At Monday, December 05, 2005 1:35:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

Hooray for you and the bean. *happy dance* May you continue to have great news throughout.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

Great news!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home