Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the worst is over

I just realized that life for us is going incredibly well all of a sudden. We haven't had this many good things happen to us all at once...well...EVER.

Me: Work is suddenly much more challenging and interesting; was offered a promotion (which I hope goes through...it's still in the works, and I don't know exactly what's going on); got pregnant and so far it's going OK; found a great doctor.

Mr. NK: He plays the bass guitar in addition to his day job. He's been studying very hard for a long time, but he hasn't played out in years. But this weekend he has three gigs as a session bassist with two different bands, one of them at The Middle East as part of the Emergenza Music Fest. He also found out last week that the patent his company applied for a few years ago for a process he helped develop went through. So now there's a patent out there that says "[Mr. NK] et al" on it. How cool is that?

It feels very hopeful. Maybe it's a sign that the year from hell is ending. Maybe it's a sign that little Heating Pad (who I will henceforth call HP because I just feel way too dorky referring to my embryo as Heating Pad) is going to be born and we'll actually get to take him/her home.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

My grandmother used to always tell us that once a decade you'd have a really crappy year. If you could survive that, the next year would be golden.
I don't know if that's really true or not, but I know it's gotten me through some really bad times! And, after our year of hell? This year has been out of this world!

That's really cool for both of you! You- the job thing. Is this in addition to your already increased responsibilities?
Mr NK- the patent! Wow! He most be excited :)
And little HP.... If I could make a little heart emoticon for hp I would.

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Blogger AJW5403 said...

I just found your blog off antoher blog and hope you don't mind me reading. I wanted to send you a congrats on the pregnancy. I am only about 2 weeks ahead of you with mine. I wish you the best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home