Monday, November 14, 2005

New doc tomorrow

In the morning we have a consultation with the high-risk OB someone recommended. I made the appointment weeks ago, so it's just an added bonus to be able to tell her I'm actually pregnant. Mostly we just wanted to get a feel for whether we liked her and the practice - she's also got copies of all my records and Joseph's autopsy report, so we'll ask for her opinion on what happened and see how she would manage this pregnancy in light of that.

As of this morning I have morning sickness already. Isn't it too early for this? This was the real deal, too - not just gagginess but oh-God-must-eat-now-or-I'll-puke-iness. Last time it didn't hit until 6 weeks or so.

No bleeding (not that I've stopped checking/half expecting there to be). In fact, I feel fine - well, I feel pregnant. Much more so than I did last month with the chemical. This feels like it felt with Joseph, which is reassuring in a way because after all, my entire pregnancy with him was normal and easy, right up until the end.

I think this one's nom de womb is "Heating Pad." Kind of a long story - Mr. NK had minor surgery a month or so ago and was recovering at home in a fair amount of pain. The Percoset was only doing so much until we figured out that if he laid on the heating pad, the pain magically went away. His subsequent Percoset-hazy exclamation of "I'm going to name our next child Heating Pad" kind of stuck as an inside joke. So, Heating Pad it is.

We used to call Joseph "the Papoose."

I don't know if I'm happy or sad. Both, really.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:39:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

Congrats and hugs. I just got back from a trip and saw your good news. Its great and a little scary! :)

 
At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

It's kind of an awkward feeling. That joy that yay! You're pregnant! But after everything that happened, it's tricky. J will always be there.
(((nk)))
Good luck at the Dr's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home