Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm hanging in there. My breasts still hurt, heartburn seems to be gone, but I have a generally achy feeling that could be anything.

You see, it's been so long since I had a real period that I don't even remember what it feels like! I only started paying attention to how I felt during the luteal phase when we were trying for Joseph, and we got pregnant on the first try. Then my first post-partum luteal phase was so short that I don't think I had time for PMS. Then I had the chemical, and so here I am.

My temp is still up, though. Had a tiny tiny tiny bit of brown spotting this morning, and nothing since.

I did cave and get some tests from Walmart. They're under the bathroom sink and I have not used them.

I'm thinking I have to stop temping this cycle. I can't seem to sleep long enough. I started out this cycle figuring I would temp at 6 am. The first few days, I woke up between 5:30 and 5:45, so I started setting my alarm for that time to make the temp time consistent. Which led to my waking up every day between 5:15 and 5:30, so I changed the temp time to 5:25. Then I had a long stretch, which included the last few days before ovulation and the first half of the 2ww, where I was waking up every day at 4:40, so I made THAT my temp time. And of course, now I'm waking up every morning at 3 am. The temps are going to be totally thrown off.

Next cycle, if there is one, I'm not bothering with the fucking thermometer. I'm using the monitor. (link for lorem, who asked). It's got to be better than mindfucking the darkness of OPK lines and waking up repeatedly at 3 am, right?

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 07, 2005 5:27:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Nervous for you!!! But do tell, what kind of monitor are you talking about? I've only used thermometers - if there's something else I'd love to hear about it.

 
At Monday, November 07, 2005 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

Your chart looks *extremely* triphasic to me! I try not to sweat the temp thing. I do it when I get up, usually around 7:00, but sometimes 1/2 hour earlier or later. And I temp in the bathroom so as not to disturb the hubby with the beeping (he is not a morning person). Anyway, it's looking very good for you this month and I've got everything crossed for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home