Thursday, November 10, 2005

I swear I am not just trying to redeem myself, but...

...speaking of SIL, her 20-week ultrasound was today. I called my brother to see how it went (I heard later from my mom that he was surprised and touched that I called, but I honestly didn't even think about it - I didn't do it out of a sense of obligation or anything) and the babe has two of everything there's supposed to be two of, ten of everything there's supposed to be ten of, and so on. They didn't find out the sex.

I may sort of wish my SIL had not gotten pregnant when she did, but since she is, I am happy for them.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:25:00 PM, Blogger sillyhummingbird said...

You know, when my sister-in-law announced she was pregnant and we found out it happened around the time our son died, I was overwhelmed with varying emotions. But--we told her we were happy for her but sad for us. We will love this baby like we do our other niece and nephew. To hell with people who would put a spin on someone's emotions---especially after the death of their baby. As if anyone who has experienced it would wish that hell on anyone. Here's to only good energy for the new life!

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Treggles said...

NK -

Wow, I stop reading all these blogs for a few weeks and when I come back I find more than one pregancy! Congratulations!

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 1:15:00 AM, Blogger msfitzita said...

You're right. Only people who have lost a child understand the horrific mixed bag of feelings thrust upon you when you find out a friend or relative is expecting. You're happy for them, sad for you, jealous, elated, thrilled, devastated - it's an awful jumble of emotions that are nearly impossible to sort out.

I agree - fuck you to whoever doesn't understand that.

And I also agree with sillyhummingbird - here's to only GOOD energy for your new little babe.

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home