Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I have a much better feeling about this one.

It's only been a few hours, but Mr. NK and I usually talk all day at work (thank you, Google Talk) and so far we haven't really talked about this morning. He knew that I wasn't hopeful because of yesterday's temp drop, but he has always been the one who says to wait until it's over before I call it over. So I told him that if my temp was up again in the morning, I'd take a test.

He was still sleeping when I got up and peed on a stick. But when he woke up and saw me coming back from the bathroom, he must have known right away.

"Is it back up?" he said.

"Yeah...and I took a test and I'm pregnant."

He hugged me and told me not to get too crazed over it just yet...to see what happened...which is good advice (he wasn't trying to rain on my parade, just cautioning me not to start the parade yet, which I'm not). And then he got up and took a shower and I took a shower and we went all the way into the city on the train together without saying another word about it.

Later on I messaged him that I still coudn't believe it. He said he'd known all along, and that the only thing that bothered him was the way I do the "I think I am...it looks good...no, wait, I can't be. It looks bad. No, wait, maybe I am...no, I can't be. Oh wait, I took a test, and I am." I did the exact same thing last month with the chemical. I even did it when I was pregnant with Joseph.

I bought a cheapo test on the way to work because the line was so faint on the one I took this morning. Nice fat dark line on this one. And no bleeding.

Please, let this be the one we take home.

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

I know I've already said congrats, but I want to say it again! I know you're being cautiously optimistic, but I want to be hopeful for you! Let us know how your appt goes ok? And vent and fret and do all those things you need to do any time. We're listening.

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:29:00 PM, Blogger sillyhummingbird said...

I just wanted to say congratulations! I have been following your posts and hoping good things for you. So happy to read your good news!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:29:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Yes, please!!!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:58:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

trying to control myself but wanting to do a little happy dance so very badly!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh, I hope this has a good ending! Cautious congratulations. I hope to see lots of good news!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Holy moly! I'm away for a day or two and you post good news. (note to self...must read EVERY day)

Congratulations!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:48:00 AM, Blogger cat said...

That is wonderful news! May this be the best experience for you. Will be out here rooting for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home