Monday, October 03, 2005

Spooky

I don't know if I ever wrote about this here, but a few nights before I went into labor with Joseph, I had a nightmare. I dreamed that we had had our baby and that he had died shortly after birth.

A few months later, we were on our way to a family function and out of nowhere, I turned to Mr. NK and said, "C. [my SIL] is pregnant and they're afraid to tell us." No one had said or done anything to give me that impression, I just knew. It turned out later that she had had a positive pregnancy test only a week before that day. They didn't tell us about her pregnancy until about six weeks after that.

And finally, for several months, even before I got my first period after the birth, I've been convinced that the first time we managed to conceive again, I would miscarry. I even remember thinking that I wished my period would hurry up and come so we could get that first miscarriage over with and keep trying.

This is starting to scare me.

4 Comments:

At Monday, October 03, 2005 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

I don't know that it's that spooky. I think I told you I get that from time to time too. Well, if it is spooky, we'll be spooky together.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:41:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

I'm sorry to read your news. This sucks. It's weird, i sort of have a feeling in the back of my mind that i'll have an early miscarriage next time i get pregnant too. I don't know if its some sort of self protection thing or what.

I hope your next "feeling" is for a healthy baby!

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

I'm so sorry. But try not to read into your dreams too much. I'm sure you've had some very weird ones that haven't come true too, right? So maybe it's just coincidence that you hit on one or two?

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

I agree with Catherine that your dreams are probably just a coincidence, but I can understand how upsetting they must feel. I hope you have some nice, happy ones soon, and that they really do come true :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home