Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Happy Anniversary to us






Today is our third wedding anniversary. It's gone so fast, but then when I think back, we've done so much - bought a house, had a baby, survived a loss. I hope this next year brings us better things than the last one.

On a lighter note, the weather is terrible - cold, rainy, and windy - exactly like it was three years ago today. And exactly like it was two years ago today. And exactly like it was one year ago today. Last year my best friend turned to me and asked, "Is it going to rain EVERY October 12 from now on?"

I wanted to get married in October because it's my favorite month. I love the red and yellow leaves, the crisp weather...basically all the stuff we didn't get on our wedding day! But it's funny, when I woke up that day and it was still raining (not really a surprise, since it had already been pouring for two days by then), I didn't care. The storm even damaged the church's organ, a fact I learned as I was standing in the vestibule waiting to walk down the aisle, and I still didn't care. (The organist had a giant Peavy keyboard with an organ patch as a backup. Honestly, I was so happy that they could have just not told me what was going on, and I probably wouldn't have noticed.)

All day people kept coming up to me and saying, "Oh, I'm sorry...." meaning the weather, I guess. I kept looking at them blankly and saying, "Sorry for what?" I honestly didn't know.

Happy Anniversary, Mr. NK!

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Treggles said...

Hi Nervous Kitty,

First of all, Happy Anniversary.

Second, thanks so much for your blog. Your opening entries were difficult enough to read - I can't imagine what it must have been like to have to write them. I started keeping my blog when I found out that my wife was pregnant for the first time after a few years of trying. Soon after I started she miscarried in quite traumatic circumstances and the mood of the blog changed somewhat. It's been useful for keeping track of my feelings as we've coped with what happened and planned ahead. I'm sure yours must be equally helpful.

Keep up the good work and best wishes for the future.

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

Happy Anniversary. Those photos are lovely. May the coming year be full of joy and blessings.

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:44:00 PM, Blogger SWH said...

Very cool pics! And happy anniversary. :)

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:26:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Happy anniversary! And the pictures are so beautiful! May you always glow so. :-)

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

you look so happy in those pics! happy anniversary!

 
At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

What gorgeous pictures! Happy Anniversary!

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

Happy, happy day to you! On my friend's wedding day, the storms were so bad that the entire city lost power. The salon had to bring in generators to get us ready! Oh the stories...

You're so pretty - great pics!!

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

Hppy Anniversary! I love those pictures :)

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Lisa P. said...

Beautiful wedding pics! And happy anniversary, of course. :)

 
At Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Muddystingbee said...

Thanks for everyone's kind words! I loved our pictures too - although I do kinda think I have big old horse teeth in that top one. It's still my favorite though because it was totally candid and you can see how happy we are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home