Wednesday, October 19, 2005

An assignment I hope I don't flunk

My therapist gave me a homework assignment last night - for Mr. NK and I to take a vacation together. Don't you wish all homework was like this?

It's actually not going to be as easy as it sounds. We haven't been on a real vacation together since our honeymoon three years ago. We have talked about it many, many times. The problem is that Mr. NK hates to plan - hates it. And I don't mind planning, but I'm horrible at it. I get freaked out about the money and start looking at cheaper things to the point where any actual fun is so watered down that it doesn't seem worth it. We have money put away, but we get so nervous about spending it. We need to lighten up.

I'm thinking about Hawaii, because we've both always wanted to go. We're not lie-on-the-beach people, so we need a place where we can do that but also do other stuff, and Mr. NK is fascinated by volcanoes. But I don't know.

If I'm going to pass this assignment, I think I need a travel agent!

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:53:00 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Does your therapist pay for it too? 'Cause that would take a lot of stress off, if someone else were footing the bill...

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:35:00 PM, Blogger Muddystingbee said...

It sure would!

She was kidding about it being "homework," but she does think it would be good for us. And she said it in response to me saying that we had money put away for such things, but always chickened out of spending it.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Hey...she said take a vacation...she didn't say YOU had to plan it.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:50:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

costa rica might be nice - volcanoes, beaches, rainforests, tourist-friendly but not expensive. december is actually a good time to go to the pacific coast of cr to see the sea turtles hatch.

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:39:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

I think Gabe's mom went to Hawaii recently... maybe you could copy their trip... then it would be much less planning! :)

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:38:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

Kauai is absolutely beautiful, laid back and there are lots of adventures to go on. Maui is cool to with a bit more night life. Hawaii is a place you go and want to return again and again. I still dream about it and we will return.

Costa Rica rocks too. I lived there for 4 months and it was quite an adventure. That was 1991 though. No idea what it's like now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home