Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It's actually tomorrow. I'll be 29.

It hasn't been a bad birthday, so far, all things considered. I'll sure be glad to see the last of this year, though. Last year on my birthday, we'd just found out two weeks before that I was pregnant with Joseph, and Mr. NK brought me a tiny yellow sleeper from Old Navy as part of my present.

Almost all the clothes people gave me for Joseph are still in my closet because I don't know exactly what to do with them. Because he never wore them, they're not hard for me to look it. If we had another boy, I wouldn't feel weird using them. But that little yellow sleeper - that was different. It lives in Joseph's memory box now.

It's also occurred to me that if this pregnancy sticks, my due date will be only about a week after my due date with Joseph. And since I'll probably have a c-section a week or two ahead of the due date, this baby's birthday might be very close to the day Joseph was born.

That doesn't actually freak me out as much as I thought it might. (I would definitely not schedule it for May 26 - Joseph's birthday - though.) But I wonder if it would/will freak other people out.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

Instead of looking at it as bad thing, hopefully people will see it as a celebration. Joseph looking out for his little sibling.
Happy Birthday NK. Cheers to a new and better year.

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:31:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah, it'll probably freak people out. Who cares. As long as the baby is alive and healthy, the rest is just details.

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 7:53:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

I agree with gabesmama... I think that a lot of people won't remember the exact date. Most of my friends don't seem to remember now and its only been 3 months. They might remember the time of year, but really all that matters is that you are ok with it. :)

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 11:10:00 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

One - 29 is fine. You will love your 30s though! The only hard thing about me turning 30 was my dad turning 60. My dad's not old enough to be 60 (or 64 now)!

We went on our first wedding anniversary and found that our first baby had no heartbeat (and had my m/c followup on my 34th birthday). Our second one was due three days before my 35th birthday. Yes it may raise some eyebrows, but you can't control those things (much - see May 26); a date is a date and every event in life is going to fall on one or another.

You don't sound nervous to me, Kitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home