Saturday, September 24, 2005

Paging Dr. Google

I can't stop worrying that I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. I didn't bleed all night, a little bit of red this morning, a tiny bit more in early afternoon, but other than that just some faint brown spotting. This is less bleeding than I've had so far. No pain. But I can't stop reading about all the bad things this could be.

I took another First Response this morning and the line was much darker. I won't know the quant results until Monday, and they'll do another that day. Even then it won't be 100% clear until I can have an ultrasound and that might not be for at least another week.

I'd rather not have been pregnant at all this month than go through this. At this point I'd almost be relieved if it turns out it's "just" a miscarriage.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:38:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

wtf??? i'm out of the loop for a couple of days and you have all this drama!

i, too, thought i was starting my period, and then it only lasted for 24 hours and then a few days later i got a positive test. i subsequently had bright red bleeding but everything was fine. it makes me feel like my body can't be trusted, frankly, and reminds me how little control i have. crossing my fingers for you.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

So sorry to hear you couldn't start you have to add this experience to your loss. It seems like you really should be able to just be able to get pregnant easily in the first couple of months of trying and have nothing eventful happen in pregnancy/birth/bringing the baby home. I hope the ectopic fears don't overwhelm you until you have more information.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:04:00 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

Thinking of you and hoping everything goes well tomorrow. I'm sorry that you're so worried right now. You shouldn't have to start out a new pregnancy like this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home