Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Maybe I'm a good person after all

So last night went OK. Much better than I expected. My SIL was running late and then got lost, so it was nearly 11 p.m. by the time she arrived. We all talked for a few minutes and no one brought up her pregnancy. It wasn't as awkward as I was afraid it would be (although I'm sure the wine helped). The thing I'd somehow forgotten is how much I like her. I've known her for five years and we've always gotten along.

This morning she and I were both up early to get out of the house, so I made her some toast for breakfast. I asked her if she had morning sickness and we talked about that for a minute, but I could tell she wasn't sure how much to say about it. So finally, I told her, "Listen...this is not an easy thing for me to talk about right now, but I want you to know that I love you."

She gave me a hug. I think we were both relieved.

I feel a lot better today.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:18:00 PM, Blogger SWH said...

I think that you did really well in dealing with your SIL. I’m starting to think that the anxiety leading up to PG encounters is worse than when you’re actually with the person. Not that it’s made me totally figure out how to not be anxious anymore, but I guess it’s a step.

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Good for you! Face it head on and deal with it.

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

so glad it went better than you expected. I know those things can be so hard to face and especially talk about!

 
At Friday, September 09, 2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

good for you. it always works best when you put yourself out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home