Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It's going to be a long nine months.

(I hope.)

So I must really be pregnant - the awful, painful gas I remember from last time has set in. Not the kind that makes one unpleasant to be around, but the kind that gets trapped in your abdomen and causes painful cramp-like feelings.

You can see where I'm going with this. I keep panicking that I'm having cramps and then realizing what is actually going on. Last night I had some kind of gas bubble on the left side, and even though it was up high under my ribs, I kept thinking, "Oh no - pain on one side is an ectopic pregnancy symptom!" Then I'd burp or something and the pain would go away.

I'm laughing at myself now, but really, how am I going to get through this? I've heard people who've had miscarriages say that they let themselves relax more once they get past the point where their first pregnancy ended. But since Joseph died at 39.5 weeks, after a normal labor and delivery no less, that time isn't going to come for me until the very end.

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

just dropping by... I'm sure you will be lucky this time with this baby. Be confiant and keep cool.

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:03:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.X said...

It will be a long nine months. But hopefully, with a little help, it will also be enjoyable.
I hope that you have, at least, moments where you enjoy this. And we'll be here for encouragement.
((T)) I'm so happy for you!

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Blogger SWH said...

one day at a time... and hoping the happy days out number the stressed ones! :)

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:27:00 PM, Blogger cat said...

Good advice from Sarah I'll second that... one day at a time indeed! If all goes well on both our front we can worry along side one another right on through to a hopeful happy ending.

*deep breath*

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

So....congrats to you! right? I haven't been able to post comment on here the past few times. I'm not sure what's up. But am so happy for you. Here's to a H&H 9 mos!

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

(((((hugs))))))
That's how things were with me, my son died during labor, so there was no big milestone to get past. So, basically, you just take the pregnancy one day at a time, and though it seems like the end will never get there, eventually it DOES.

Once again, Congrats!! I am truely happy for you!!

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

Rejoice in the gas! Gas is good! Hope you are able to have some happy, joyful moments, interspersed with all of the worry (which is completely understandable). Just think, you're one day closer now!

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:26:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

i understand not being able to find a relaxing point when your child died at the end. i have to say, though, that this pregnancy is going much faster than the first one. it's terrifying, yes, but it feels like last saturday that i peed on the stick, not two months ago.

we will outlast our fears together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home