Monday, September 05, 2005

Did I forget to mention that on Friday, my SIL called and asked if she could stay with us on Tuesday night? She travels sometimes for work and will be up here for a job on Wednesday. I think her company does pay for lodging, but she's stayed with us before.

So of course I said yes, but then they called on Sunday and hit us with this. So not only was my weekend ruined, now I'm absolutely dreading seeing her. I'm not ready. Plus, WTF, she couldn't wait two more days and tell me in person? This news was going to suck any way it happened, but it would have been so much better to wait and tell me when she got here.

I really want to ask her to please get a hotel this time, but I'm afraid to. But I'm afraid to see her, too. I can't be happy for her yet. I can't talk about it yet. I can't.

I'm also having second thoughts about this move. I don't know how it got mixed up in my brain with this, but it was the first thought that went through my head when my brother told me. My brother and SIL don't even live on Long Island. But for some reason I just have this urge to avoid my entire family. I don't know why.

I wish Mr NK's family didn't live in West Virginia. He has the kind of big, close-knit, fun, loving family that most people only dream about. There are eight cousins on his dad's side and they're all close to the same age - it's like having a lot of extra brothers-in-law, they're that close. But I just can't see us moving to West Virginia.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:02:00 AM, Blogger SWH said...

Oh no… That is really hard. I’m sorry you have to deal with the news in person so soon after hearing about the pregnancy. I still have feelings of wanting to avoid my family so I understand what you mean about how the news affected everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home